Saturday, May 09, 2009

Worship 101

As many of you know, I'm quite involved and passionate about worship at churches, and how the music ministry serves the church in terms of the team members, the leaders and especially the congregation of worshippers.

After a number frustrating and eventful services which I have seen, led or been part of in some way, I have decided that this would be a nice place to voice my view on worship, give some tips and ideas to my fellow worship team members in my church and in other churches, and also to get some feedback on my views regarding this.

Over the next few weeks, topics such as: what is a church music ministry, what is worship and corporate worship, tips on worship leading, tips on coordinating a team, song choice, the flow of a service, and many other topics.

A book that has helped me rethink my ideas on worship is "Worship Matters" by Bob Kauflin. He presents the idea of worship and song leading with a theological and biblical foundation - something many christian books on worship lack greatly. Hope these next few weeks challenge your view on worship and we can open a new forum on evangelical worship and music at our churches.

No comments: