Friday, May 27, 2005

Miracles DO happen!

Maybe I'm crazy, but i think you can take lessons out of sport and apply them into life. On wednesday night/thursday morning, I saw my two beloved teams win their respective matches. The maroons won state of origin I, after leading 19-0, then going down 20-19 at the last few minutes(due to some dodgy referee calls), but a miraculous drop goal brought in extra time, and Bowen scored an intercept try to win the match. I was suprised at how that game turned out, and i was so happy that night! About 5 hours later, i watched my beloved liverpool team play the Eurpoean Cup final. They were down 1-0 in 50 seconds, and 3-0 down at half time. I was so depressed, but deep down, i had a feeling that my team was going to come back. Miraculously, they fought back, with a sensational 6 minutes, where liverpool scored 3 goals to tie the match. The game went to penalties, and my goalie pulled off 2 fine saves to win the european cup. This is living testimony to mircles! never has a team fought back from 3-0 down to win a final. If you apply this to life: You could be down and out, back to the wall, but if you persist, you may be rewarded. If you are on a high, and life brings you down, dont get all angry and sad, but persist, and you will regain that high again. If you persist, anything can happen, but if you give up, nothing can happen. Persistance pays! (amen to that!)

No comments: