Monday, April 16, 2012

GRACE in 2012


This is an (edited and extended) excerpt from one of my recent prayer newsletters that I have sent out...

GRACE in 2012
I have a strong sense that one of the big things that God wants me to learn this year is the virtue of grace. It has been creeping up in almost every area of my life. Let me explain further:



Church and Ministry
After a lot of self assessment, I have felt that one area that I need to grow in my leadership skills is the concept of grace. I am a very logical, common sense and strategic thinker, which usually does not leave much room to express grace to those around me. In ministry, I have to communicate and deal with a lot of different types of people, and sometimes this is quite hard - manoeuvring through different personalities, different ideas and thought processes. God has been teaching me to allow for the different ways He has made each and every one of us, as long as all of us are focusing on His glory and building His kingdom. This has been an area which I think God wants me to learn to deal with better.

Church and People
With going to more services on a Sunday and talking to many different people, I feel that God is teaching me to be more gracious to those I come in contact with, whether it be tolerating their differences or being able to empathise or sympathise with others. Many people come from backgrounds and have quirks that I am not used to, but I need to show love as Jesus did - to everyone unconditionally.

Home
I’ve recently moved out and am living with two Christians who are both close friends. Even though we are good mates, we all have different expectations and ways of doing things. I have lived with just mum and dad for most of my life, so I have not had other people constantly to deal with at home. Now I do, and I believe through this experience, God is teaching me to be gracious in this setting. God's also teaching me to decide what matters are small (and can be tolerated) and what matters are big and need to be dealt with.

Personal
God has really been convicting me to truly grasp the grace He has shown me through Jesus on the cross. Being a logical thinker, sometimes I take for granted this undeserving free gift that God has given me through Jesus. God wants me to be truly impacted and changed because of grace demonstrated through Jesus. He wants me to truly understand the immeasurable grace shown to me on the Cross of Christ, and to have a true desire to seek and reach the lost.

31 comments:

Covnitkepr1 said...

I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it. I didn’t see a follow widget on this site, but if you put one up...I will gladly follow you publicly as well.

rsctt603 said...

Grace to you!, and thank you

www.wayfarersquest.com

James Pereira said...

Hello,nice blog. Pls look-up http://true-shapherd.blogspot.in/

Jenefer Maron said...

Basically everyone has dreams and aspirations which have their own business in order to be financially independent and free, have a beautiful house, nice car However the dream will remain a dream as long as you leave and do not want to act.
Great Small Business Ideas to Start

Unknown said...

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, enough hope to make you happy.
cheap jerseys

Howearning.com said...

How to earn money
Fashion Bank
Hot Girls Fashion




How to earn money
Fashion Bank
Hot Girls Fashion




How to earn money
Fashion Bank
Hot Girls Fashion



How to earn money
Fashion Bank
Hot Girls Fashion



How to earn money
Fashion Bank
Hot Girls Fashion


How to earn money
Fashion Bank
Hot Girls Fashion


How to earn money
Fashion Bank
Hot Girls Fashion


How to earn money
Fashion Bank
Hot Girls Fashion


How to earn money
Fashion Bank
Hot Girls Fashion


How to earn money
Fashion Bank
Hot Girls Fashion

Dr Ron Gallemore said...

Excellent blog, and this article is just excellent too
Check here

Unknown said...

Very gorgeous... I like it !! Thanks you for this beautiful web...
Security Door Adelaide

Unknown said...

What a great job ! It was useful for my team. very well written and researched. Thanks for sharing…
shower screen adelaide

Unknown said...

Thanks for informative and helpful post, obviously in your blog everything is good.
app developer canberra

Unknown said...

I read a lot of blogs recently and yours is one of the best. I enjoy reading your posts – clear and well written. Your page goes straight to my bookmarks. I got some nice inspirational thoughts after reading it. Thanks for your post.
motorcycle attorney salt lake city

Unknown said...

This post shows the information which is close to standard. Hope next You will again post a nice Article/Information.
utah seo company

Unknown said...

What a great talent that he is. It is amazing to see his great work. Keep up the good work.
Random/consortium testing

Unknown said...

THANK you so much this is just the information that I needed.
broker dealer

Unknown said...

I loved this article. Great reminder for what should be most important.
app developer sydney

Unknown said...

This is great! It really shows me where to expand my blog. I think that sometime in the future I might try to write a book to go along with my blog, but we will see.Good post with useful tips and ideas
next financial

Anonymous said...

Very nice and helpful information has been given in this article. It’s a most important post. Please every one visit this site quickly. Thanks.
seo services utah

Anonymous said...

This blog is actually hitting what I want to expect. I am very glad that you are now providing the information where I am hunting for many days of surfing the net.
florida D.O.T. testing

Yourpearery said...

This post shows the information which is close to standard. Hope next You will again post a nice Article/Information.
dentist Toronto

Unknown said...

What a great job ! It was useful for my team. very well written and researched. Thanks for sharing…
pasadena dental implants

Unknown said...

Very nice and helpful information has been given in this article. It’s a most important post. Please every one visit this site quickly. Thanks.

khắc dấu công văn đi

Unknown said...

So informative things are provided here, I really happy to read this post, I was just I agree with you. This post is truly inspirational. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative natural fertility supplements puppy stores in miami

buy facebook photo likes said...

Very interesting article. Content has been written in very nice manner. Thanks for sharing good knowledge.

halong bay vietnam said...

I like your style of writing, it's very thoughtful.

concrete miami said...

I never thought about looking at the topic in this way and I thank you for that.

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog, and this article is just excellent too
Parenting Classes

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful post. I will share it to everynone
khac dau chuc danh

dentists boynton beach fl said...

I am very interested in this field ., Thanks for sharing the information as so with me

Unknown said...

You have changed my mind on this subject so thank you for explaining this to me more.khac dau

bubblegum casting said...

thanks for the blog

Unknown said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own blog now.
buy facebook website likes